There are multiple leadership tools that are available for determining the performance of work environment. So, when an organization wants to develop the new tools with existing model. There is need to develop the Leadership Gap Indicator for executives which would help managers related to performance measure. Leaders and managers would judge the importance of new tool successive rate currently and forecast in future as well. There are gaps are exposed when these data reveal a deficit between current system and forecast system. It would better give the idea to the leaders of perceptions and their need (ccl.org, 2016). Below are some sectors in which this analysis is done are:
- Success Profile: Which leadership competencies are critical for success in your organization?
- Leadership Profile: How strong are your managers in these critical competencies?
- Leadership Gap Profile: How aligned are your managers’ strengths with what is considered important?
- Leadership Attention index: Where should your organization focus its leadership development efforts?
- Potential Challenges: What factors may lead to the derailment of leaders in your organization?
There is need of proper identification of above sectors that are defined the change identified in different categories. It depends up the scale that is selected or if there is need of any benchmark of the industry. There are two types of values that are found positive and negative & positive means that the skills are greater than current skills and vice versa.
There are some other benefits of these particular tools for determining work performance in leadership; such as identification of talent management. This tool helps managers to put continuous watch over the particular method. It’s a critical tool for forecasting and workforce planning. Below are some results that are achieved by accessing the gap analysis:
- What are the skills and competencies required to keep those positions filled?
- Do you currently have the bench strength to do so or will employee development be needed?
- If you don’t feel you have the needed talent within your organization, use the gap analysis as part of your recruiting strategy.
- (2007). Leadership Styles: Dictatorial, Authoritative, Consultative, Participate. [online] Available at: https://weirdblog.wordpress.com/2007/09/04/leadership-styles-dictatorial-authoritative-consultative-participative/ [Accessed 13 Jun. 2016].
- Denison, D. (2001). Organizational culture: Can it be a key lever for driving organizational change? In C.L. Cooper, S. Cartwright & P.C. Earley (Eds.). The international handbook of organizational culture and climate. New York: John Wiley & Sons.